WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship®
Since the program started in 2017, nearly 2,500 scholarships worth more than $1.4 million have been awarded.
Do you know a student who spends extra hours volunteering? Who loves America and everything it stands for? He or she could be eligible for the WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship®.1
This year, scholarships are available for 2017, 2018, 2019 or 2020 high school graduates who are WoodmenLife members.
The 2019-2020 application period begins Nov. 1, 2019.
All Applications must be submitted by 11:00 p.m. (Central) Jan. 15, 2020.
Now Accepting Applications
The WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship provides awards at several different amounts:
|Number of Scholarships||Amount|
|Up to 1,700||$500|
Scholarship recipients must be:
- High School graduates attending a two-year or four-year college, university, or technical school;
- WoodmenLife members2 in good standing with at least three years of membership; and
- Members of families where all in the household are WoodmenLife members in good standing.
How We Choose
Perfect grades and good test scores aren't required. Scholarship recipients will complete an online application that includes short essay questions. Scholarships will be awarded to those students who:
- Make a difference in their community through volunteerism
- Want to make their community a better place to live
- Want to pursue a career as a leader in their community
- Demonstrate their academic performance by providing their transcripts and GPA
Want to Learn More?
Read more on the Frequently Asked Questions page or get started by connecting with your Representative.
If you are visually impaired or need additional assistance, contact us at 1-800-225-3108.
WEB201 - 8/6/2019