Saving for the Future with a SIMPLE IRA
Building retirement savings can be easier than you think when you choose the Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees (SIMPLE IRA)1. Small businesses with fewer than 100 eligible employees can offer the SIMPLE IRA to help workers increase their retirement funds. An individual’s age determines how much of earnings can be contributed annually.
How SIMPLEs Work
- Unlike the SEP IRA, employers participating in the SIMPLE IRA are required to match plan participants’ contributions of one to three percent, or contribute two percent to all eligible employees, regardless if they are participating in the plan.
- Catch-up contributions can be made by employees age 50 and older.
Why a SIMPLE IRA is Beneficial
- Simple to maintain, with limited recordkeeping
- Low cost
- Ability to set aside money for your own retirement and that of your employees
- Employer contributions are tax-deductible
- Employees own the annuity or account
- Contributions to the SIMPLE IRA are invested on a pre-tax basis with immediate 100-percent vesting
- Employee contributions are tax-deductible
- Earnings are tax-deferred until withdrawal2 (usually at retirement)
- Employees have the option of contributing to an additional IRA
Connect with WoodmenLife
To learn more about purchasing our life insurance or retirement products, fill out the Get a Quote form or search for your local Representative. Your Representative will contact you to prepare a customized plan that best meets your specific needs and budget.
WEB69 - 4/1/2019