How do I apply for the WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship®?
- Members1 should go to our Scholarships page.
- Once on the scholarship page, click on the “Get Started Now” button and then enter the quick access code.
If you do not have the quick access code, contact your local Representative or call WoodmenLife Customer Service at 1-800-225-3108 to get it.
- After entering your quick access code, you will be directed to the WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship application site. If you are a new user on the site, you will need to create an account.
When can I apply?
The application will be open from Nov. 1, 2021 – Jan. 17, 2022. There are no exceptions or extensions to the deadline.
Can I apply if I was a WoodmenLife Focus Foward Scholarship recipient last year?
Past WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship recipients may not reapply.
How do I know if I am eligible to apply? To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a recent high school graduate or current college or accredited trade school student who graduated in the years 2018 through 2022
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at a 2- or 4-year accredited college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2022-2023 academic year
- Be a WoodmenLife member in good standing currently and for at least three years prior to the scholarship application submission date
- Be a 100% WoodmenLife family (all persons in household are WoodmenLife members)
Please note: If a family member applies for a product and is declined or rated, the family member may refuse the policy and the family will still be considered a 100% WoodmenLife family and eligible for WoodmenLife Extras2. However, the family member who is declined or rated is not eligible for WoodmenLife Extras. Contact your WoodmenLife Representative with questions about eligibility.
I’m home schooled. Am I eligible to apply for a scholarship?
Yes, students who were home schooled are still eligible to receive the scholarship, provided they meet all other eligibility requirements.
Are there any required documents needed to complete the application?
- All applicants will need to provide their most current high school transcript, including student name, grades, and credit hours for each course
Is there any other additional information needed?
The names and WoodmenLife certificate numbers of all family members in household.
What is a certificate number?
Your certificate number is the 7- to 10-digit number identifying your policy. You can find it on your actual certificate/policy provided to you by your WoodmenLife Representative;
OR on the cover sheet of your Annual Report at the top-right of the first page;
OR on your premium notice, in the box toward the center of the document.
Who administers the scholarship program?
WoodmenLife has teamed up with Scholarship America to administer the WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship. Scholarship America is the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals.
What is the selection criteria?
Perfect grades and good test scores aren't required. Scholarship recipients will complete an online application that includes short essay questions. Scholarships will be awarded to those students who
- Make a difference in their community through volunteerism
- Want to make their community a better place to live
- Want to pursue a career as a leader in their community
- Demonstrate their academic performance by providing their transcripts and GPA
Financial need will NOT be a consideration for the awarding of scholarships.
I am uncertain of what school I will be attending for the 2022-2023 academic year. What should I put on the application?
When filling out the application, enter your first choice for attendance. Once recipients are selected, school choices can be updated.
Do I need to answer essay questions?
There are no long-form essay questions on the scholarship application. However, applicants must provide responses to short answer questions.
How and when will I be notified of the results?
All applicants, whether selected or not, will be notified by Scholarship America via email in April 2022. Recipients will receive a congratulatory letter via postal mail.
When will I receive my payment if I am a recipient?
Scholarship America will mail scholarship checks (payable to the educational institution) to the student recipients at their home address in early July 2022.
What can the funds be used for?
The funds can be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, housing, meal plans, and supplies required for course work. How the funds are applied is up to the educational institution.
I forgot my WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship application password, how do I reset it?
On the log in page, click the link “Can’t log in.” From here you will be able to reset your password.
Here is a timeline for the WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship:
- November 1, 2021 – Application Opens
- January 17, 2022 – Application Closes
- Mid-April 2022 – Award Letters* mailed to recipients and notification sent to non-recipients
- Early July 2022 – Scholarship checks mailed to recipients
Can I defer my WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship if I’m awarded another scholarship and can’t use all the funds, or if I have a change in plan?
No, we’re unable to defer scholarship funds. All funds must be used during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Customer service is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CST