Student Loan Relief FAQ
When can I apply?
The application period will run May 1 - June 30, 2020. There are no exceptions or extensions to the deadline.
How do I apply for WoodmenLife Student Loan Relief?
- Members should go to our Student Loan Relief page.
- Once on the program page, click on the “Get Started Now” button and then enter the quick access code.
If you do not have the quick access code, contact your local Representative
- After entering your quick access code, you will be directed to the WoodmenLife Student Loan Relief application site. If you are a new user on the site, you will need to create an account.
Can I apply if I was a WoodmenLife Focus Foward Scholarship® winner?
No. Past WoodmenLife Focus Forward Scholarship® recipients are not eligible.
How do I know if I am eligible to apply?
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have graduated from a post-secondary trade school, college or other institution
- Provide documentation of student loan debt in good standing (your loan cannot be in default or delinquent)
- Be a WoodmenLife member in good standing currently, and for at least three years prior to the student loan debt application submission date
- Be a 100% WoodmenLife family (all persons in household are WoodmenLife members)
Please note: If a family member applies for a product and is declined or rated, the family member may refuse the policy and the family will still be considered a 100% WoodmenLife family and eligible for member extras. However, the family member who is declined or rated is not eligible for the 100% WoodmenLife family member extras. Contact your WoodmenLife Representative with questions about eligibility.
Are there any required documents needed to complete the application?
Applicants will need to provide documentation of student loan debt in good standing.
Is any additional information needed?
Applicants will need to include the names and WoodmenLife certificate numbers of all family members in household.
What is a certificate number?
Your certificate number is the 7- or 9-digit number identifying your policy. You can find it on the certificate/policy your WoodmenLife Representative provided;
OR on the cover sheet of your Annual Report at the top-right of the first page;
OR on your premium notice, in the box toward the center of the document.
What are the selection criteria?
Selection for loan relief is based upon the following:
- Short answer questions on patriotism and community involvement and service
- Loan documentation
Financial need will NOT be a consideration.
Do I need to answer essay questions?
There are no long-form essay questions on the application. However, applicants must provide responses to short essay questions.
How and when will I be notified of the results?
All applicants, whether selected or not, will be notified by email and mail in mid-August.
When will I receive my payment if I am a recipient?
Checks will be mailed in September to recipients for them to forward to their loan servicing agency.
WEB125 - 4/3/2020