A Little Bit of Risk Can Yield Great Rewards
It’s a big decision to set aside money today to pay for tomorrow’s dreams, but as with anything in life, a little bit of risk can yield great rewards.
Whether you’ve just begun to save for the future or you’re close to retirement, there are some basic principles and guidelines that apply to everyone.
Interested in Interest?
When you’re ready to move your money from under your mattress to something that can pay you back more interest, it’s time to consult a trusted WoodmenLife Financial Representative. He or she can help you:
- Examine your finances
- Determine your goals
- Map out a timeline
- Evaluate your risk tolerance
- Create and implement a customized solution, which may include mutual funds, 529 College Savings Plans, IRAs, and variable annuities
- Monitor progress and rebalance as necessary
Time-Tested Investment Strategies
- Buy and hold for the long term. For most investors, financial goals, like retirement, are a ways away. Ride out short-term volatility and stay focused on the long-term performance of your investments.
- Invest on schedule. Dollar cost averaging (DCA)1 is an impressive-sounding name for a simple strategy: investing a pre-determined amount of money on a regular basis, such as once a month. DCA takes the emotion and guesswork out of investing and makes this important wealth-building activity a habit.
- Take advantage of compounding. Even if you invest a relatively small amount of money on a regular basis, you may still be able to pursue large goals over time thanks to the power of compounding. This is when your previous earnings from an investment remain invested and in turn earn more money for you.
Start Investing Now
Procrastination has been called the thief of time. Don’t let it rob you of a more secure financial future. Start investing as early and often as you can. Contact your WoodmenLife Financial Representative today.
Let us help you get started
WEB49 - 4/1/2019